Thanks, Bruce...

Do you know if you also have to specify the full path for the location
of *input
**and **output* files in mris_preproc, mri_surf2surf, and mri_glmfit?

By default, when I ran the above programs, my output files were placed in
my computers home directory and not my freesurfer home directory (I did not
specify full pathnames).

However, mris_preproc seemed to be able to read in my target (--target)
(fsaverage) without needing a full pathname, and mri_surf2surf also seemed
to be able to read in my subject (--s) without needing a full pathname.

Please let me know if I have this right (especially regarding reading in
input files).

Thank you,

Laura