On 04/26/2014 02:54 PM, Kaveh Kohan wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> This probably a newbie question, so I apologize if it is a naive one,
> please bear with me.
>
> I have on value for each ROI on the surface of brain and one value for
> each sub-cortical structures.  Those ROIs and sub-cortical structures
> correspond to freesurfer atlas.
>
> I have three questions:
>
> * I am not sure which freesurfer ATLAS these values correspond to? Is
> there any way to tell from the name of structures? I have attached two
> text files including the header of the tables.
The aseg corresponds to the RB_all_2008-03-26.gca (see Fischl's 2002(?)
Neuron paper), the other corresponds to the Desikan/Killiany atlas.

> * How can I visualize those values on the inflated brain? Something
> like this:
>
> http://pysurfer.github.io/examples/plot_parc_values.html
>
> This package is a great but unfortunately very unstable (at least on
> my laptop). It visualizes the brain but crashes immediately! No time
> to save the results. Is there any MATLAB equivalent?
>
> * What is the best way to visualize the values for the subcortical
> structures?
We don't have a good way to get ROI values back into the volume or the
surface. I'd probably do it in matlab
doug

> Any comment is highly appreciated,
>
> Again, I am sorry if those are naive questions.
>
> Thanks,

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu