Hello all,

I am doing pre-processing for resting-state fMRI volumes, but I have
encountered an error and am unsure of how to correct it:

I have previously determined the nonlinear warping transformations from my
subjects' anatomical (T1) space to the 2mm MNI template using ANTs. At the
end of my pre-processing pipeline, I am trying to transform my subjects'
functional volumes (206 TRs of 2sec) into this MNI space by 1) transforming
the functional volumes into subject T1 space using mri_vol2vol, and 2)
applying the nonlinear warp (from ANTs) to the volumes in subject-T1 space
to ultimately have my subjects' functional data in MNI space.

However, I am getting an error while running mri_vol2vol, where it "cannot
allocate region."  I gather from looking around online that this is a
memory issue, but I am not sure how to fix it. Thoughts? It is crucial that
I be able to translate my functional data into common MNI space before
performing second-level analyses...

I do not encounter this issue when performing this transformation on
functional connectivity maps (where I take an ROI defined in MNI space,
transform it into T1, and then subject-EPI space, calculate the FC with the
rest of the brain, and then invert the process by transforming back into
T1, and finally MNI space).  How can I get this to work with a larger file?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Ben Mooneyham

--
Graduate Student
UCSB - Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences