Bastion,

Hi, I'm a bit late in this reply.  You can use 'mris_info lh.white.gii'
to display the matrices in that file.  The one labeled 'FS_VOLGEOM_RAS'
is the one that will register the surface with the orig.mgz volume file.
Note that it will always be three numbers (c_r, c_a, c_s) which just
shifts the center of the surface to match the center of the orig
volume.

I wouldn't think you would need to use the MNI305 transform, as that's
an affine transform to align it in 'talairach' space.

N.