Sorry if you are receiving this for the second time , not really sure if
this went through the first time I sent the email:

Dear all,

I'm looking for a way to automate surface on volume visualization, to check
if the surface reconstruction have been successful on a very large number
of subjects. Normally, I would use freeview with -f and -v flags to check
and see if it is necessary to edit controls points, etc.

As an example, one option to automate this process is to use freeview
snapshot option and write a script that runs on several hundred subjects
and then show all the resulting images in html format.  Running freeview
with snapshot option works really good, however, since every freeview run
needs X11 there is an overhead here, especially when I'm running on a
remote cluster with no X11, which makes running X11 almost impossible.

I'm wondering whether any one has a better idea for this?

Thanks
James