Hi Doug,

That works! Thanks! I don't know why it didn't the first time (I can't find
the old command line). But this command line works (in case anybody else
wants to do the same thing):

[LMR in ~ ] mri_cor2label --i
/home/lmr/ANALYSIS/binary_pmaps/lh_binarymap_area_covar8.mgh
--id 1
--l /home/lmr/ANALYSIS/binary_pmaps/lh_binarymap_area_covar8
--surf fsaverage lh

LMR

 Douglas N Greve
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=from:%22Douglas+N+Greve%22>
Fri,
11 Jul 2014 11:02:38 -0700
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=date:20140711>

use mri_cor2label with the --surf option

On 07/11/2014 01:36 PM, Bruce Fischl wrote:
> Hi Lars
>
> this would be pretty simple to do in matlab, but I'm not sure if we
> have anything do to it otherwise (Doug might)
>
> cheers
> Bruce
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Lars M. Rimol wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to take a binary .mgh file (surface file with 163842
>> vertices containing 1 or
>> 0) and create a label such that the ones in the input file == the
>> label? For instance, to
>> create a label from a p-map.
>>
>> I tried using  mri_cor2label based on previous responses on the
>> mailing list, but that seems
>> to produce volumes and I'm not really sure what it does anyway...
>>

>> Thank you!
>>

>> --
>> yours,
>> Lars M. Rimol, PhD
>> St. Olavs Hospital
>> Trondheim,
>> Norway

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR centergr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

FileDrop:
https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html

HelpLine athttp://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was
sent to you in error

   <http://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg36914.html>
   - View by thread
   <http://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/index.html#36917>
   - View by date

<http://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/maillist.html#36917>
   <http://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg36915.html>

   - [Freesurfer] create label from binary .mgh file
   <http://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg36913.html>
Lars
   M. Rimol
   -
      - Re: [Freesurfer] create label from binary .mgh file
      <http://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg36914.html>
Bruce
      Fischl
      -
         - Re: [Freesurfer] create label from binary .mgh fi... Douglas N
         Greve