Dear Freesurfer community,

I am running into issues with mri_watershed, which I am using the create
the BEM surfaces. In testing different preflooding height threshold
(recommended for accurate skull-stripping), I am running into the issues
that an -h 56 produces results where the cerebellum is stripped away, but
-h 57 leaves far too much non-brain material in the image. As a result, my
BEM surfaces are unrepresentative of the brain (either shrunken in or
enlarged).

I do, however, already have a satisfying brain-mask. Is there a way to pass
the brain mask to mri_watershed to create new BEM surfaces without it
creating a new brain mask?

Sam Zorowitz

Clinical Research Coordinator
Division of Neurotherapeutics