Hi Freesurfer community,

I'm having a difficulty extracting signal from an ROI using funcroi-config
and funcroi-table-sess.  Every time I try to run the commands, I get the
same error message: "ERROR: there is a vertex in the label that cannot be
matched to the surface.   This usually occurs when the label and surface
are from different subjects or hemispheres or the surface has been changed
since the label was created."

Now, so far as I can tell, neither of these reasons for the error apply in
my case.

My approach has been to generate labels from the annotation in each
subject's aparc.a2009s+aseg using mri_cor2label:

mri_cor2label --c $s/mri/aparc.a200s+aseg.mgz --id 11149 --l
$s/label/l_circ_inf_insula.label

Then I applied the ROI commands below:

funcroi-config -label l_circ_inf_insula.label -analysis
NMASA_block_induction.lh -roi l_circ_inf_insula.roicfg

funcroi-table-sess -roi l_circ_inf_insula.roicfg -analysis
NMASA_block_induction.lh -contrast negVneut -sf induction_all.lst -o
l_circ_insula_inf.dat

... and this leads to the error message above.  The thing is, as the label
is being generated from the subject's own segmentation, they're not coming
from different subjects or hemispheres, and I see no reason to think that
the surface has changed.

Does anyone see the problem here?  I'm working off of some pretty old
code, so it may be that the commands I'm using are out of date. So if
there's a better way to generate labels from the aparc-aseg and extract
signal, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph M. Andreano, PhD