Hi Lars,

two thoughts that came up reading this thread:
- each vertex has usually more than 3 triangles (your first mail), the number differs depending on where you are. With a uniform mesh you'd have nearly 60 degree angles so you'd have approx 6 triangles at a vertex. - wm volume can increase when area shrinks. If especially the slucii move further outside the whole surface gets more spherical, decreasing area, but increasing volume.

Best, Martin