Zeke,
Thank you for your prompt response.
I've been using for a long time my own bash script that parallelizes the
simultaneous computation of the hemisphere-specific steps. Moreover, I
re-organized the pipeline for obtaining the pial reconstruction asap.
I'm happy to know that next release of Freesurfer will support openmp under
MacOS X. Can you roughly estimate when it will be available?
I also tried with VMWare Fusion and a VM with CentOS 6.6, and it mapped 12
virtual cores on the real cores. The time needed for CAREG was reduced by about
2/3.
My impression is that CUDA drivers are not available for AMD FirePro graphics
boards. Aren't they?
Thanks again
Cico