Hi Freesurfers,

I am trying to use fscalc.fsl to do calculations on an fsaverage vertex map
of values (mgh files). In some of these files, but not all, I get the
following error:

** ERROR: nifti_convert_nhdr2nim: bad dim[1]
** ERROR (nifti_image_read): cannot create nifti image from header
'./tmp.fscalc.fsl.57121/s1.nii.gz'
** ERROR: nifti_image_open(./tmp.fscalc.fsl.57121/s1): bad header info
ERROR: failed to open file ./tmp.fscalc.fsl.57121/s1
Cannot open volume ./tmp.fscalc.fsl.57121/s1 for reading!

I saw a similar list serve question in 2008 where Doug responded: "How many
vertices does that subject have and is there a prime factor less than
2^15?” However, these surface maps have around 300k vertices, not less than
2^15.

I would really appreciate any advice with this. Thanks!

Jon