Hi Corinna,

In each iteration, the mc-full replaces your data (--y) with white gaussian noise, smoothes it, then computes the GLM and p-values from the t or F-test. The mc-z ignores your data entirely and creates a single frame of WGN in each iteration, smoothes it, rescales it back to a z, then converts the z to a p. This is much faster because it only has one frame vs how many you have in your data. It is less accurate because a p-value map from a smoothed z-map is not the same as computing the glm. It has been a while, but I remember the mc-z as being more conservative, but it is much much faster.

doug