On 03/03/2015 10:43 AM, Sarah Finnegan wrote:
> The command I used to visualise the label converted to volume form (using
> mri_label2vol) in tkmedit was
>
> tkmedit V2_subject5_1 orig.mgz   -overlay V2_lh.mgz  -overlay-reg
> register.dat -fthresh .5 -fmid 1
>
> my tksurfer command was
> tksurfer V2_subject5_1 lh inflated
>
> where I then attempted to overlay V2_lh.mgz as an overlay using the
> register.dat file to register. This produces no visible overlay.
This does not surprise me too much. The mask will be very thin and
you'll  have to make sure to sample it properly. So, try running
mri_vol2surf with V2_lh.mgz as the input and a projection fraction of
0.5. Then load the result as an overlay in tksurfer, eg,

tksurfer V2_subject5_1 lh inflated -overlay yournewfile.mgz -fminmax 0.5 1

> I have just retried with fill thresh set to 0 but no change to whether any
> data is visible on the inflated surface.
>
> V2_colour_lh.mgz is the functional overlay that I want to extract any data
> active within V2 from, this was produced by my usage of mri_vol2surf
>
> mri_vol2surf --src {zstat1} --srcreg {anat2exf.register.dat} --hemi
> {hemi}--projfrac {0.8} --out {V2_colour_lh} --out_type {mgz}
>

> essentially what I wanted was to take mask a functional volume of colour
> activation across the occipital cortex with a V2 mask to only see activation
> within V2 on the inflated surface.
> I have a V2.label file and a V2_colour_lh.mgz file overlaid onto an inflated
> surface using mri_vol2surf.
You'll need to decide what space you want to do the masking in. The way
you have it now, you have the mask in volume space and the thing to be
masked in surface space (thus the dimension error).
doug

> thanks

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center