Dear Doug,

I figured it out.
I wanted to relate a set of points on the pial surface to their
corresponding Desikan indices and label names.
If

[vertices, label, colortable] = read_annotation([some-path
'\rh.aparc.annot'], 0);

x=unique(label);
y=sort(colortable.table(:,5));

Points labeled with 0 in x would correspond to index 1639705 in y
Label 3294840 in y does not correspond to any points on the surface, and
sends to corpus callosum.

Thank you,

Octavian