I think noaseg is a bit different as it will not use the aseg in downstream processing. From the help:

-noaseg

Skips subcortical segmentation steps (same as -nosubcortseg), and does
not use aseg.presurf.mgz for inorm2, wm segmentation, or filling.
Use this flag for brains that do not support usage of Freesurfers subcortical
segmentation, such as baby brains, or non-human primates.