Hi Surfers,
    I am using mris_pmake (in nmr-dev-env) to measure the distance between
two vertices.  Everything is fine as long as I use just one terminal.  But,
to accelerate my analysis, I have divided my analysis into multiple parts
and run each part in one terminal.  It means, I may run multiple (tens of)
mris_pmake simultaneously (in different terminal or in separate jobs in
launchpad).  This results this error:

*System error: Address already in use*

*Fatal error encountered.*
* SSocket `Unnamed SSocket_UDP_receive' (id: 0)*
* Current function: c_SSocket_UDP_receive::c_SSocket_UDP_receive*
* Problem binding to socket 1701*
*Error returned from system: Address already in use*
*Socket object name: Unnamed SSocket_UDP_receive*
*Socket object id: 0*
*Socket object type: c_SSocket_UDP_receive*
*Socket protocol: Datagram*
*Socket ID: 8*
*Throwing exception to (this) with code 1*

*terminate called after throwing an instance of 'c_SSocket*'*
*Abort (core dumped)*

How can I avoid this error?  I know I can re-do the analysis (when I see
this error) and repeat it till I get an answer.  But it slows down
everything.  So, I just want to know how I can avoid it!

Regards

P.S.: The command that I use it like this:
mris_pmake --subject <Sbj> --hemi lh --surface smoothwm --mpmProg pathFind
--mpmArgs vertexStart:<Vert1>,vertexEnd:<Vert2> --mpmOverlay euclidean

--
Shahin Nasr

PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience
Martinos Imaging Center, MGH