tkmedit works fine on the machine, when working directly  on it  (not ssh'ing
to it)
Jon

From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of
zkauf...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <zkauf...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:53 AM
To: Freesurfer support list
Cc: freesurfer
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] TKMEDIT error when SSH'ing

Have you verified that the machine you are ssh'ing into will display
tkmedit even if you are not ssh'ing into it? I ask because OSX 10.6 is an
end-of-life operating system and that error is usually associated with
incompatible graphics card.

However, even if it did work while sitting at the host machine, I have
never been able to successfully perform X Forwarding over ssh from one Mac
to another Mac when using the tktools, or any graphical tools that I can
recall for that matter.

-Zeke