Thanks David!

Gabriella

From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of David Vazquez
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 6:19 PM
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] FW: correcting for brain size

Hi Gabriella,

I'm not an expert in freesurfer. I've worked with freesurfer for 5 years now.
When we started I had the same problem when including ICV in the qdec table and
running it as a nuisance variable.  I'm assuming you have ICV in mm^3. Try
converting it to cm^3 or dcm^3 in your qdec table.  That worked for us.  I
think qdec might have a problem with numbers in the millions/hundred thousands.
Just don't forget to reconvert when you are interpreting/writing your results
or else it can get confusing.

Maybe its just us, but when we use ICV as a covariate many, many significant
clusters were diminished to nothing.

Hope this helps.

-David Vazquez
PhD candidate in Cognitive Neuroscience
University of California, Riverside
NSF GRFP fellow

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 6:16 AM Hirsch, Gabriella
<gabriella_hir...@meei.harvard.edu<mailto:gabriella_hir...@meei.harvard.edu>>
wrote:
HI FS experts,

I haven’t heard back and am still wrestling with these questions. Any takers?

I’d really appreciate any thoughts at all if possible.

Thanks,
Gabriella