From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Schauer
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:49 AM
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Skullstrip problems

Hi Jennifer,

thank you for your speedy answer.:-)

Unfortunately I didn't understand all of it. The problems with the skullstrip
did not (!) affect any of the surfaces in this case and no grey or white matter
was cut out. What I was interested in is whether any other measures might be
affected (except for the dura volume which I am not interested in). Especially
whether it affects any of the volume-based analysis?

To put it in a nutshell: Would you rerun the skullstrip with different
watershed-parameters so as to prevent the skullstrip to be overly aggressive
and "bite" these chunks out of the dura? Or would you leave it like it is?

Thanks again!

Best,

Paul