Dear Freesurfer experts,

I'm trying to run *mris_make_surfaces* with a FLAIR.mgz file as input. I
used the same command as used if I run autorecon3, in order to make a pial
refinement. Here is the command:

 mris_make_surfaces -orig_white white -orig_pial woFLAIR.pial -white
NOWRITE -mgz -T1  brain.finalsurfs -FLAIR ../mri/FLAIR subject_name rh

However, when I try to run this command individually I always get this
error:

smoothing surface for 5 iterations...
reading initial pial vertex positions from woFLAIR.pial...
repositioning cortical surface to gray/csf boundary.
repositioning pial surface locations using  ../mri/FLAIR.mgz
*mghRead(../mri/FLAIR.mgz, -1): could not open file*
*mris_make_surfaces: could not load flair volume ../mri/FLAIR.mgz*

The problem is that the output of mghRead is type NULL, and then the
program exits with this error, as it can be seen in mri_make_surfaces.c:

[image: Imágenes integradas 3]
I have set up the same enviroment (SUBJECTS_DIR, etc) as if I run with
autorecon3, so I can't understand why is this error happening. The FLAIR
file mgz is not corrupted as I checked with tkmedit and mri_info.

Could you give me some idea?

Thanks in advance,

Best,
Marc