Hi there,

I have two questions regarding Talairach registration.

_*Question 1:*_
I would like to check Talairach registration according to this page:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/Talairach_freeview

I see this line for the tutorial:

freeview -v tal_before/mri/T1.mgz tal_before/mri/brainmask.mgz:reg=tal_before/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm

And I tried to apply that to my subject:

freeview -v subj1/mri/T1.mgz subj1/mri/brainmask.mgz:reg=subj1/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm

Freeview opens and I see the T1 but it gives an error for the brain mask:
"Failed to load MRI: <fullpath>/subj1/mri/brainmask.mgz"

Does anybody know what's going wrong?

_*Question 2:*_
Another way to do it would be to move the brainmask.mgz file into Talairach space and save it and then load that volume (let's call it brainmask_moved_to_tal.mgz) onto the FS Talairach subject.

2a: How do I move brainmask.mgz using subj1/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm and save the output?

2b: Where do I find the FS Talairach brain? I'm looking for the underlay that I see when I run:
tkregister2 --s subj1 --fstal --surfs
(as per instructions here: http://freesurfer.net/fswiki/eTIV)

Thanks for any insights!

Koene