In the dev version of freeview, you can go to File ->Load Point set, and choose the control point file (shoulb be <subject>/tmp/control.dat)

This allows you to flip through the points by entering the control point number or using an arrow to go to the next/previous control point in the file. This moves the cursor to the control point (which shows up as a green dot by default).

You can also do the same thing to load them in the stable version of freeview, but there is no box to enter a control point number. If you move through the brain, you will see the control points as dots.

Best,
Lee