Hi everyone,

I’m having some issues using qdec. The program runs for about 30 seconds, and
then quits with the following error message:

ERROR: FreeSurfer license file /Applications/freesurfer/.license not found.
  If you are outside the NMR-Martinos Center,
  go to http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu to
  get a valid license file (it's free).
  If you are inside the NMR-Martinos Center,
  make sure to source the standard environment.

I’ve been using Freesurfer for over a year now to run recons and use freeview,
so I’m not sure why the error is popping up now. I definitely have a license,
and have successfully used the program (but not qdec) in the past.

I’ve tried the following fixes without any success:
-renaming the ‘license.txt’ file to ‘license’ (without the .txt extension)
-using terminal to create a file called ‘.license’ (when I did this and used ls
-a to view all files, I noticed the file was actually named ‘.license.save’)

I’m running freesurfer-i386-apple-darwin11.4.2-stable5-20130514 on an iMac, OS
X Yosemite (10.10.3).

I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions for how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Best,
Lisa

---
Lisa Pao, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Columbia University Medical Center
New York State Psychiatric Institute
646-774-5782