Thanks for you reply, Rudolph.

We have a cluster environment in our university, and the best Ubuntu
version to us for now is Ubuntu 12.04 (in a closest future we will update
to a newer version, but not now...).

In the download page there is only FreeSurfer for CentOS, Mac and a Virtual
Machine of Xubuntu, but not to Ubuntu. (
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/Download )

I couldn't find the binaries to compile, too. I've looked at (
http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/dist/freesurfer/ ).

To me the best choice is the binaries or the compiled source (not apt, yum,
etc..) , because we put all applications in "/usr/local".

Could you help me to find one of these options to download?

Thanks again

--
Att,
Bruno Bragança Mendes