Hi Michael

have you visualize the Talairach alignment to see if it indeed incorrect? Also, can you verify that the direction cosines from your data are properly read? That is, when you view the orig.mgz in freeview does what it thinks is inferior/superior etc... correspond to the true (visually verified) orientations?

cheeers
Bruce