Thanks Doug! This is very good to know. Is there a ratio or relationship
between the fmin and fmax that is optimal, as in, should we keep a 2 to 5 ratio?

Gabriella

-----Original Message-----
From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Douglas N Greve
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 12:55 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] fMRI activation color inversion

There is another parameter called -fmid. The final mapping is a complicated
combination of all three (fthresh, fmin, fslope). I usally use the -fminmax
option which is easier to explain. -fminmax 2 5 means that the threshold is set
to 2 and that at 5 the color will saturate.
doug

On 01/11/2016 12:18 PM, Hirsch, Gabriella wrote:
> Hi FreeSurfer experts,
>
> I recently ran a simple fMRI analysis in FSL and now generating images
> of the activation in freesurfer using reg-feat2anat to register the
> functional activation to the freesurfer recon-all files, and
> generating the images using tksurfer:
>
> /tksurfer pilot_3 lh inflated -annot aparc.annot -ov
> run4578_COMB.gfeat/cope1.feat/stats/zstat1.nii.gz -ovreg
> run4_fwhm8.feat/reg/freesurfer/anat2std.register.dat *-fthresh 4
> *-fslope 1/
>
> However I have come across a strange occurrence when I change the
> threshold. Specifically, when I set the -fthresh flag (bolded) as 4
> (i.e. p=0.0001) or less, the activation colors comes off as they
> should (see 4_blue attached) in terms of how I set up the contrasts.
> But when I set my threshold to 5 or higher (changing nothing else),
> the colors of the activation invert (see 5_red attached).
>
> What does this mean? How can I fix this?
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you!
> Gabriella
>

> Mass. Eye and Ear Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files
> transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the
> use of the individual(s) addressed in the message above. This
> communication may contain sensitive or confidential information. If
> you are not an intended recipient, dissemination, forwarding,
> printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you
> believe you have received this e-mail in error and the email contains
> patient information, please contact the Mass. Eye and Ear Compliance
> Line at 617-263-1600. If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does
> not contain patient information, please contact the sender and delete
> the e-mail.

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly dispose of the e-mail.