From: "Luigi Antelmi" <luigi.ante...@gmail.com>
To: "Freesurfer support list" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 9:43:29 AM
Subject: [Freesurfer] hippocampal subfields - multispectral segmentation with
FLAIR

Dear members,

in our center we are evaluating whether to introduce a T2 into a protocol that,
among others, already includes a T1 and a FLAIR sequences.

Our main concern is to to maximize the information-to-duration ratio of the
entire protocol.

In order to improve the subfields' segmentation we read that it is better to
add a T2 or "other" sequences.

Will the FLAIR alone (+T1) can work well as the T2?

If instead the T2 is preferable, what is the coarsest-but-still-informative
resolution you suggest?

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Have a nice day,
Luigi.

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly