Dear Freesurfer community,

I am working on an ROI analysis using qdec. I have created all aseg and
aparc stats files and would like to determine if there are any differences
in volume, surface area, and thickness for certain structures between two
groups. I was wondering with the analysis, would it be okay to use the
resulting aseg/aparc output stats from either the Desikan/Destrieux atlases
and run these values through SPSS or is it better to draw ROI labels on the
fsaverage brain, apply the label to each subject, and run the analyses this
way. I am asking because the following tutorial states:

*"Note*: If you want to use a pre-existing label and register it to
fsaverage, be aware that this might involve two instances of resampling and
the results might not be as accurate as they would be if you drew the label
on fsaverage. Please contact the FreeSurfer team to get more details on
this process if you have any concerns."

http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/AnatomicalROI#TableoftheaveragethicknessofeachcorticalparcellationintheDestrieuxatlas

If drawing labels on the fsaverage brain and applying them to each subject
is the way to go- would I need to correct for multiple comparisons?

Many thanks,
Larissa