From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Douglas N Greve
Sent: maandag 1 februari 2016 17:14
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] mri_vol2surf Averaging with exclusion of specific
values

By default, the projection is done using nearest neighbor "interpolation", so
there is no averaging. Is this what you mean?

On 02/01/2016 09:53 AM, Gardumi Anna (PSYCHOLOGY) wrote:

> Dear FreeSurfer expert,
>
> I would like to project my maps from the "original" functional space
> (2.5mm iso, same format as COPE images from FSL) to inflated
> FreeSurfer surfaces (created from 1.0mm MPRAGE image with recon-all
> pipeline) excluding voxels with a specific value (e.g. 0) from the
> averaging procedure of the projection. The reason for this is that I
> have non-continuous maps (i.e. map values are defined only for some
> voxels; voxels for which map value is not defined will have 0 as
> value). Is there a way to perform the projection excluding voxels with
> a specific value from the averaging of the projection?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help!
>
> Anna
>
> As complementary information:
>
> My maps have discrete values (between -10 and 10) and at the moment I
> am using the following command:
>
> mri_vol2surf --mov DiscreteMap.nii --reg $REGMAT --hemi lh
> --projfrac-avg 0 1 0.2 --interp nearest --o DiscreteMap
> _InFS_projAvg02_SurfLh.mgh
>
> However, in this way the resulting surface map will have values biased
> by including in the average also the 0 values which in reality
> represents voxels not included in the map.

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly dispose of the e-mail.