Indeed the v6.0 beta was removed,,, not because of a "major" bug but
rather it was just decided that significant development was still needed
before a true beta could be released.

We continue to make improvements and will be releasing a v6 beta soon,
but at this point if you want the latest version of freesurfer you will
need to download the dev (nightly build) version.

-Zeke