Hi,

Can you say a bit more about what you mean?

> If my memory serves, as you go to higher resolutions you end up with
multiple points being mapped to the same location,

Do you mean multiple icosahedron vertices being mapped to the same native
mesh vertex, or the other way around?

In any case, the issue here is a little bit different, in that it is just
raised when trying to generate a color table for the annotation:
https://github.com/neurodebian/freesurfer/blob/master/utils/colortab.c#L540

Michael