Hi Doug,
   I used the caudate surface I created as an example as I was testing the
command out.  I do not plan to use this command for the caudate.  It just
happened to show the same issue as the earlier post (
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=subject:%22\[Freesurfer\]+R+L+flipping%22&o=newest&f=1
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=subject:%22%5C[Freesurfer%5C]+R+L+flipping%22&o=newest&f=1>)
and so I thought it would be the clearest way of showing you the issue I
was referring to.

 I want to flip the lh.thickness.fwhm10.fsaverage.gii files to the right
hemisphere for certain subjects and I was worried about having a similar
voxel shift if I used mris_reverse.  I  found posts using xhemireg and
surfreg along with mris_reverse, and so I am trying to figure out what is
the best way to flip these thickness files to the opposite hemisphere
(files already warped to symmetric space)

Thanks,
Ajay