sorry for the confusion. Some of our tools use identity.nofile, but these use --regheader

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Trisanna Sprung-Much wrote:

Hi Doug

below is the email I had written last Friday. I thought it got lost in the
mix. I was told by Bruce to use identity.nofile as the transformation since
my labels and T1s are already in the same space and I just want to resample
my labels to the surfaces.

I will try, as you suggest, --regheader

When I do "mri_cor2label --help" it says it uses surface overlays or
volumes. I am not sure why I want to generate a volume with mri_vol2surf -
shouldn't I generate a surface overlay that I can then create as a label
using mri_cor2label?

many thanks

Trisanna

thanks Bruce
I could not find identity.nofile anywhere, when I ran mri_vol2surf I got the
following error

trisanna@kaplan:~$ mri_vol2surf --mov
/data-01/trisanna/freesurfer/icbm-112/mri/labels5.mgz --o
/data-01/trisanna/freesurfer/icbm-112 --reg identity.nofile --hemi lh
srcvol = /data-01/trisanna/freesurfer/icbm-112/mri/labels5.mgz
srcreg = identity.nofile
srcregold = 0
srcwarp unspecified
surf = white
hemi = lh
reshape = 0
interp = nearest
float2int = round
GetProjMax = 0
INFO: float2int code = 0
INFO: changing type to float
Done loading volume
regio_read_register(): No such file or directory
Could not open identity.nofile[cleardot.gif]

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>