From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] on behalf of Afzal, Afsana
[aaf...@mgh.harvard.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 11:52 AM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] mri_convert doubling file size

Hi everyone,

I'm using mri_convert to reinforce TR information into the Nifti header in the
following manner:

mri_convert $FILE $FILE -tr $TR

Before the conversion, my file size is usually around 550MB but after the
conversion is doubles in size to ~1.1GB. In the Nifto file header I've noticed
that the data type usually changes from int16 to float32.

Is there a quick way to decrease the file size or revert back to int16 without
affecting the data?

Thanks for you help,

Afsana

Afsana Afzal