From: "Barbara Kreilkamp" <bakk....@googlemail.com>
To: "Freesurfer support list" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 5:28:44 PM
Subject: [Freesurfer] hippo subfield segmentation new beta version (version 6)

Dear all,

Would you please help me on this one?
Thank you,
best wishes,
Barbara

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date:   Wed, 20 Apr 2016 11:45:02 +0100
From:   Barbara Kreilkamp <bakk....@gmail.com>
To:     Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>

Dear all,

I've been reading the manuscript on version 6 freesurfer hippocampal
subfield segmentation "A computational atlas of the hippocampal
formation using ex vivo, ultra-high resolution MRI: application to
adaptive segmentation of in vivo MRI"

Can you please tell me if the type of sequence (e.g. coronal T2FLAIR vs
T2STIR) and voxel sizes of .4x.4x2mm^3 vs .4x.4x4mm^3 really make a
difference for this multi-modal algorithm?
I previously ran recon-all on 1mm isotropic T1-w scans all with similar
contrast.

It seems that the mesh fitting in version 6 is driven by the relation of
the subfields to each other rather than by contrast or signal
intensities; and also I notice the algorithm brings everything to
isotropic space anyway.

Is this correct?
Do you see a major methodological issue when using T2FLAIR (.4x.4x4mm^3)
and T2STIR (.4x.4x2mm^3) subfield volumes together?

Thank you very much,
Best wishes,
Barbara

P.s. as a side-note, I've not noticed any major differences in subfield
segmentations visually, when comparing segmentations via these two
different T2 scans.

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly