Hi Yoonho,

the steps look good. Take a look at
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/LinearMixedEffectsModels
which basically describes exactly these steps for the case of linear mixed effects models. Note that we have dedicated code for that as part of FreeSurfer (see also the references explaining why this code is great, e.g. "Spatiotemporal Linear .... Neuroimage 2013")

Also, you can do a more powerful 2stage FDR correction using lme_mass_FDR2 in matlab directly (best to combine hemisphers for that, see wiki).

cheers, Martin