Hi Dorsa

did you create the aseg.mgz from 1mm data (using the standard "conform" process), or higher res? The file you sent is higher:

mri_info resliceduncoregtahalmus.nii.gz
Volume information for resliceduncoregtahalmus.nii.gz
          type: nii
    dimensions: 512 x 512 x 288
   voxel sizes: 0.488281, 0.488281, 0.625000
          type: SHORT (4)
           fov: 250.000
           dof: 0
        xstart: -125.0, xend: 125.0
        ystart: -125.0, yend: 125.0
        zstart: -90.0, zend: 90.0
TR: 8.06 msec, TE: 0.00 msec, TI: 0.00 msec, flip angle: 0.00 degrees
       nframes: 1
       PhEncDir: UNKNOWN
       FieldStrength: 0.000000
ras xform present

it also has strange values in it (-32K and 32K, so probably things that can't be represented as a short). Does your aseg.mgz look right?