Hi Shady,

Try assembling the design as this:

EV1: Group 1 (coded as 0/1)
EV2: Group 2 (coded as 0/1)
EV3: Group 3 (coded as 0/1)
EV4: Sex (coded as +1/-1)
EV5: Site (coded as +1/-1)

The contrasts to compare the three groups are then:
C1: [1 -1 0 0 0]
C2: [1 0 -1 0 0]
C3: [0 1 -1 0 0]
C4: [-1 1 0 0 0]
C5: [-1 0 1 0 0]
C6: [0 -1 1 0 0]

>From the description it seems site and group are confounded, although not
completely, such that it should be possible to still draw some inferences,
although without much power.

The above does not include terms for interactions. If it's something you
could be interested in, then extra EVs can be added.

All the best,

Anderson