Dear Doug,

Thank you very much for your advice!
We get to extract results for the volumes from a ".curv file encoded ROI" using
your recommended command lines (mri_binarize and mri_segstats ), but
unfortunately the results are much smaller (around 3 times) than when we
extract total gray matter volumes from a respective ".label file encoded ROI"
using mris_anatomical_stats .

Example:
Volumes from a ".curv file encoded ROI" using your recommended command lines
(mri_binarize and mri_segstats):
Subject1 = 1090
Subject2 = 1181
Subject3 = 713
Subject4 = 1230
Volumes from a respective ".label file encoded ROI" (mris_anatomical_stats):
Subject1 = 3497
Subject2 = 3786
Subject3 = 2268
Subject4 = 3491

Are the volumes extracted from a ".curv file encoded ROI" (using mri_binarize
and mri_segstats) an estimation of the total gray matter volumes?
Why these values are differing that much?

Thank you very much,
Josue Dalboni