Hi Burkhard,

Thanks for the message but this does not solve my problem. I untarred as
root in /usr/local, and as myself in /home. I also requested a new license
file (which appears the same btw), and it does not matter. For all options
I am still getting the same error saying my license is invalid (ERROR:
Invalid FreeSurfer license key found in license file). Note that when I
installed version 5.3 the license file worked fine (but I got the
nu_correct) problem.

I am lost here as to what is causing this. I feel like going back to 14.04
may be the only way forward.

Thanks again.

--
Niels Janssen