We don't currently have that information (ie, tissue type) stored with the ROI. One thing you can do is to run mri_binarize with the --gm option on aparc+aseg.mgz This uses some rules to determine what is GM and creates a mask of GM. You can then feed this into mri_segstats with --mask, and it should only return ROIs that are in the GM mask.