This appears to be broken in 5.3. You can do 2 things: (1) specify the
subjects in a different way, or (2) use the aparcstats2table below. I'm
not 100% sure it will work in the 5.3 env, so make a backup of your
aparcstats2table file.

https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/safelinks/greve/aparcstats2table

For your other questions

a) average across what? Subject? You can use mri_glmfit --table ..., or
you can load it into matlab with fast_ldtable and do your averages there

b) Are what in fsaverage space? When you run aparcstats2table you get
averages in the parcellations of the individual, fsaverage does not come
into it

c) We don't have anything that will do this easily (a harder problem
than you might think). I would do it in matlab, loading the annotation
using read_annotation.m, create a vector of values (one item per
vertex), then assign all the vertices in a given parcellation the value
for that parcellation from your average, then write it out as an mgh
file  using MRIwrite.m

On 11/09/2016 08:27 PM, Martin Juneja wrote:
> [...]
>     >>     My qdec.dat file looks like below:
>     >>
>     >>     fsidHC003_1
>     >>     HC004_1
>     >>     HC006_1
>     >>     HC015_1
>     >>
>     >>     This command works fine if I use subject IDs individually
>     here e.g.
>     >>     aparcstats2table --subjects HC_Example HC003_1 HC004_1 HC006_1
>     >>     HC015_1 --hemi lh --meas thickness -t zzz.txt
>     >>
>     >>     Another question I have here is: How can I average these
>     >>     thickness stats and display it on standard fsaverage?
>     >>
>     >>     Any help would be really appreciated.
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>     _______________________________________________
>     >>     Freesurfer mailing list
>     >> Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>     >>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
>     >     _______________________________________________ Freesurfer
>     mailing
>     >     list Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>     >     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
>     >     information in this e-mail is intended only for the person
>     to whom
>     >     it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
>     >     error and the e-mail contains patient information, please
>     contact
>     >     the Partners Compliance HelpLine at
>     > http://www.partners.org/complianceline
>     <http://www.partners.org/complianceline>
>     >     <http://www.partners.org/complianceline
>     <http://www.partners.org/complianceline>> . If the e-mail was sent
>     >     to you in error but does not contain patient information, please
>     >     contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.
>     >
>     > Freesurfer mailing list
>     > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>     --
>     Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
>     MGH-NMR Center
>     gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>     Phone Number: 617-724-2358 <tel:617-724-2358>
>     Fax: 617-726-7422 <tel:617-726-7422>
>
>     Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
>     <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>     FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
>     <https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2>
>     www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
>     <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>     Outgoing:
>     ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/
>     <ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/>

gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422