Thank you for the info. It definitely puts some ease on my situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Z K
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 9:14 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Importance of Symbolic Links?

You can use the -H flag when copying 'cp -RH' and it will follow the symlink's
target rather than copying the symlink itself.

But either way that symlink exists in the subjects/bert folder and the
existence of those symlinks is inconsequential to the actual running of qdec or
other programs, as long as you are analyzing a different subject.

On 11/19/2016 11:45 AM, Jeffrey Crawford wrote:
> by Freesurfer: lh.white.H , lh.white.K, rh.white.H, and rh.white.K.
>

> My question is whether these links are important to qdec or other
> Freesurfer analysis programs, such that me copying files that don't
> contain them will result in errors down the line?
>

> Also, I recognize that I could reformat my usb to UDF and be able to
> copy symbolic links. I tried this, but I found out that my Freesurfer
> is running on a very old version of Fedora that doesn't support UDF.
> So, until I get around to reinstalling Linux on this older computer, I
> am stuck with my limitations.

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly dispose of the e-mail.