Hi Fabio

I'll cc Rudolph who has worked with the curvature much more than I have, but some points:

1. The negative gyral/positive sulcal curvature is a consequence of adopting an outwards pointing surface normal direction.

2. I think the smoothwm.H.crv is generated from the ?h.smoothwm surface, while the ?h.curv is generated from the white. You could generate the equivalent for the white if you wanted.

3. We have 2 different ways of computing curvature. One fits a Hessian to the local height function in the tangent bundle (used in ?h.curv). The other is a discrete method, which I think is used in the smoothwm.H.crv, but Rudolph will know.

4. You can load the ?h.curv files in freeview or tksurfer and verify their appearance.