Dear Experts,

I'm looking at differences in area between two groups of subjects in FreeSurfer
using qdec.
I've delineated an ROI based on a cluster that showed significant differences
in surface area between the two groups (taking gender into account, and with
age and ICV as nuisance covariates).
As a sanity check, I extracted the total surface area values for that ROI for
each subject in native space (using mri_label2label and mris_anatomical_stats)
When I plot these values (and do an ANCOVA with the same covariates, or even
just a simple t-test) there is almost no difference between the groups. Did I
do something wrong? How do I get the average surface area values for each
subject (in that ROI that shows a difference) so I can see the spread of values
in each group?

Thanks,
Siti