Hi,

>From whatever I read, there seem to be 2 ways for overlaying activation
maps on surfaces.

1) automatic/manual registration of activation volume to orig.mgz and usage
of mri_vol2surf to create the overlay, say ?h.sig.mgh, which can then be
overlaid on an inflated surface in freeview or tksurfer using the
register.dat.

2) automatic/manual registration of activation volume to orig.mgz and
overlay the activation volume on the inflated surface in tksurfer using the
register.dat

I want to know if both these are valid methods and if so, what are the pros
and cons of each.  Seems like mri_vol2surf lets us decide what part of the
volume should be projected on the surface using the projfac arguments.  But
the direct volume overlay in tksurfer doesn't provide that option.  In that
case what part of the volume is projected on to the surface?

Thanks,
Zhivago...