Hello Doug,
Thank you for the detailed reply. I do have other questions.

1) Can you confirm if this is the correct use of mris_preproc for Uncached
PET data. mris_preproc --fsgd your.fsgd --target fsaverage --hemi lh --meas
Pet --out lh.your.pet.00.mgh. This modification was made from the thickness
thickness data.
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/GroupAnalysis

2) if both the thickness and pet maps have the same contrast matrices, can
I use one of them as my matrix for multimodal analysis?

3)What if they don't share similar contrast matrices, Can i still perform
multimodal analysis? This is because contrast matrices are based on
regressors and class in fsgd files.

Best,
Paul