TO: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
SUBJECT: Registration of both the brain and the "surf" files to the
same template.

AIM: register e.g. brainmask.mgz and ?h.white for many subjects all to
the same template, so that I can then take slices of brainmask.mgz and
the superimposed WM surface accross subjects and compare them,
confident that they are well alligned.

WHAT I TRIED: used *mri_robust_register *to register all the
brainmask.mgz images to a T1_1mm_template. I looked for the respective
"surface" template to register the surfaces, and maybe use
*mri_surf2surf*, cannot find a "surface" template that corresponds to
the "T1" template. *Ideally I would like to use the same .lta
transformation BOTH for the T1 image and the surface*. As I understand
(?) they have a different mesh-transformation matrix.

Best regards,
Paolo