If you have a 3mm MNI152 space, then you should run bbregister to fsaverage to create a new register.dat file. Alternatively, you can register it directly to 32k_fs_LR and cut out the middle man (make sure to use --9 to account for scaling). Please ignore my comment about fsaverage. In that case it was actually fine.