Dear All,

I'm trying to load a pretty big diffusion MRI dataset (320x320x260x122).
I'm running matlab 2015a 64bit on a linux machine.

I'm using MRIread, which in turn calls load_nifti.
I'm getting the following error:

Error using  +
Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.

Error in load_nifti (line 158)
  hdr.vol = hdr.vol * hdr.scl_slope  + hdr.scl_inter;

Error in MRIread (line 158)
hdr = load_nifti(fspec,headeronly);

When I load half dataset (320x320x260x61) it works ok.
I tried to increase the Maximum array size in Matalb (default 1,000 - now
10,000), but I'm still getting the error.
I tried to change machine (which runs matlab 2013a on linux) and it worked fine.

I think this is due to some matlab settings.
Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,
Ilaria

Ilaria Sani, PhD